Your first year at UA is a time of transition and often leads to a variety of questions. Below you will find the Frequently Asked Questions we receive in the First Year Experience and Retention Initiatives office. If you have other questions not found below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-348-8404.
- Meet your faculty members early in the semester. Check out the Out 2 Lunch program for an easy way to connect with faculty!
- Get involved with at least one organization! There are almost 600 to choose from on campus through thesource.ua.edu.
- Self-care must be a priority! UA offers a recreation center for fitness, health center with medical professionals on staff, a counseling center, and more to help you be your best self.
- Crimson Ride – The Crimson Ride is the campus bus transportation system. With nine bus routes, the Crimson Ride can help you get most places on campus! Use the transloc app to locate the bus you need and time estimates for the arrival.
- 348-RIDE – This transit service is available from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. by calling 205-348-7433.
- Bama Bikes – Rent a bicycle for $10 per month from the Outdoor Recreation Center.