Legacy Scholars is a community for first-gen college students at the University of Alabama, designed to build connections among students who are starting a new college legacy. All first-gen students are invited to participate in Legacy Scholars!
“What you do is your history, what you set in motion is your legacy.”
Legacy Scholars offers multiple ways for students to find connection, including:
- Monthly community dinners with other first-gen students, faculty, and staff
- Optional one-on-one peer and/or faculty/staff mentorship
- Workshops throughout the academic year to support your success and development at UA
- One on one meetings with the First-Gen Program Manager
- Eligibility for Legacy Scholars scholarships awarded in the spring
Students, if you are interested in participating in Legacy Scholars, please click here to be added to the mailing list.
Faculty/Staff, if you are interested in learning more about how to serve as a mentor to a student, please click here.
- Open House on Thursday, August 31, 3-5pm. Come to the 3rd floor of Russell Hall to the Capstone Center for Student Success and find out more about the resources offered here in the Center.
- Get On Board Day on Thursday, August 31, 5-9pm. Come find our table on the Quad & say hi!
- Mentor/Mentee Connection Events on Monday, September 18 and Thursday, September 21. Students, please complete the mentor request form by September 8 to request a faculty or staff mentor.
- Family/Parent Weekend First-Gen Open House on Friday, September 22 from 12-2pm in Russell Hall, 3rd floor. If your family is registered for Parent & Family Weekend, bring them by to see our space and meet us!
- Legacy Scholars Workshop “Off-Campus Housing” on Monday, September 25 at 3pm in Russell Hall, Room 323. No RSVP required.
- Legacy Scholars Community Dinner on Tuesday, September 26 at 6pm in Russell Hall, Room 323. RSVP here.
For more information or to speak with a staff member about Legacy Scholars, contact Randi Hamm, First-Gen Program Manager.