The program consists of centralized academic advising, individualized success plans for each student, and intentional connection to academic support and engagement offerings across campus resulting in a major declaration before the completion of their first academic year at UA.
Other program components include, but are not limited to:
- Enrollment in compass and/or student success courses for majors of interest, or major exploration.
- Required face-to-face interaction with academic advisors through registration holds
- Additional assistance from a peer advisor
- Registration Parties to assist students as they register for spring, summer, and fall classes for the first time on their own
- Personalized transition of students to advisors within their major of choice.
- Application support to the Honors College for eligible students after their fall semester
- Transition Nights with a student’s respective college during the spring semester
- Additional and more intrusive advisement and academic support if necessary