REACH Scholars Requirements
- Be accepted for admission to The University of Alabama or be currently enrolled.
- Meet one of the following qualifiers: current/former foster youth, legal orphan, raised in kinship/guardianship care, or homeless.
- Incoming freshman are not required to complete the REACH application if you opted into the program via email.
- Current students are required to complete the REACH application.
- Meet a minimum of two times per semester with REACH program coordinator.
- Attend a minimum of three REACH Scholars events per semester.
- Participate in one cultural event/service project each semester.
- Allow monitoring of university records including but not limited to academic performance, student participation, and financial aid information by REACH staff.
Applications are accepted at any time. Click the link below to apply.
REACH SCHOLARS APPLICATION
How to Remain Eligible
To remain eligible during your time at The University of Alabama, you must:
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full time student (at least 12 hours of coursework)
- Maintain good academic standing
- Participate in individual coaching sessions with a member of the REACH staff
- Participate in all aspects of the program, including special events
- Allow monitoring of university records including but not limited to academic performance, student participation, and student financial account by REACH staff
- Be open and receptive to staff monitoring academic progress
- Abide by all UA standards for appropriate conduct and community behaviors