The Student Support Service TRIO Program is able to provide a limited number of grants with funds provided by the US Department of Education.
To be considered for SSS-TRIO Grant Aid students must:
- Classification– students must be entering at least their 2nd semester as an SSS Scholar
- GPA (cumulative)- 2.25 or greater
- Program Participation– students must have attended at least two cultural events or workshops each semester, and tutoring if advised by their coordinator
- Coordinator Meetings– students must have attended at least two in-person or virtual meetings with their assigned program coordinator each semester
- Pell Grant Eligible– students must have received a Pell Grant per federal guidelines
- Financial Literacy Module – students must fully complete one personal finance module on Nucleus Courses
- Financial Need– students must have unmet financial need as determined by UA’s Student Financial Aid Office
- Full-time, Continuous Enrollment– students must hold full-time status with 12 or more credit hours for the duration of their enrollment in each semester attended (students with fewer than 60 credit hours earned will be considered first)
- Application – students must fill out the Grant Aid application
Federal TRIO SSS Grant Aid Requirements:
CFR § 646.30 (i) Grant aid to eligible students who –
- Are in their first two years of postsecondary education and who are receiving Federal Pell Grants under subpart 1 of part A of title IV of the Act; or
- Have completed their first two years of postsecondary education and who are receiving Federal Pell Grants under subpart 1 of part A of title IV of the Act if the institution demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Secretary that –
- These students are at high risk of dropping out; and
- It will first meet the needs of all its eligible first- and second-year students for services under this paragraph.
Applications for Spring 2024 Grant Aid are now live through December 8th, 2023.
Apply for SSS-TRIO Grant Aid