Alabama Reach Eligibility
To be considered eligible to be a REACH Scholar, you must:
- Be accepted for admission to the University of Alabama or be currently enrolled at UA
- Meet one of the following qualifiers: Be a current or former foster youth; legal orphan; ward of the state; homeless; or raised in Kinship/Guardianship care.
To remain eligible during your time at UA, you must:
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full time student (at least 12 hours of coursework)
- Maintain good academic standing
- Participate in individual coaching sessions with a member of the REACH staff
- Participate in all aspects of the program, including spacial events
- Allow monitoring of university records including but not limited to academic performance, student participation, and student financial account by REACH staff
- Be open and receptive to staff monitoring academic progress
- Abide by all UA standards for appropriate conduct and community behaviors
Applications for the Alabama REACH Program are accepted at any time. The preferred deadline for incoming freshman is March 1st. To apply please complete the 2019-2020 Alabama REACH Application
Students will not be eligible for services unless they have been accepted to UA.