The Student Support Service (SSS) TRIO Program at The University of Alabama has been funded by a federal grant through the U. S. Department of Education.
The SSS program provides academic and personal support services to 206 eligible students each year. Applications are accepted from all undergraduates, but priority is given to first-time, incoming freshmen. The mission of the SSS program is to increase the retention and graduation rates of first-generation college students, students with limited family income, and students with disabilities.
The SSS program provides an array of support services including:
- Free tutoring in many core courses
- Supplemental academic advising
- One-on-one coaching in the areas of financial aid, career development, graduate and professional school admission
- Academic and professional development workshops and activities
- Free credit bearing courses: Academic Success, Financial Health and Wellness, MATH 100, College Writing, and Professional Development
- Campus and community cultural enrichment activities
- Peer mentoring
- Student Advisory Board leadership positions
- Limited number of graduate school entrance exam preparation course scholarships
- Access to a computer lab and free printing
Learn more about the eligibility requirements for the program and apply today.
Sign up or cancel scheduled SSS tutoring sessions.