Alabama REACH assists students in becoming successful college graduates by providing academic, financial, emotional, and social support in an inclusive and supportive community.
Applying for REACH
Please see the qualifications, expectations, and application to become a REACH scholar.
Who qualifies for REACH?
- Current and former foster youth
- Legal orphans
- Youth raised in kinship/guardianship care
- Homeless students
What to expect from Alabama REACH?
- Individualized, academic and emotional support from a designated staff member
- Scholarship opportunities and other financial assistance
- Cultural and academic enrichment opportunities
- Participation in community service activities and social events
- A community of peers who understand one another’s unique situation
- “REACH Champions” mentor program
- Peer support groups to enhance a sense of belonging
- Access to food pantry and emergency funds
- Referrals to needed resources
- Computer lab with free printing services
Become a REACH Scholar:
- Incoming freshman are not required to complete the REACH application if you opted into the program via email.
- Current students are required to complete the REACH application. See below to access application.
- Applications are accepted at any time. Students will not be eligible for services unless they have been accepted for admission and are currently enrolled at The University of Alabama.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements for the program and apply today!
REACH SCHOLARS APPLICATION
With REACH friends have become family and success has gone from a dream to reality – Tim
Student Request for Food Assistance
The Alabama REACH program collaborates with The University of Alabama’s Student Care and Well-Being office to provide food assistance through a Food Pantry. Additionally, Student Care and Well-Being provides meal allotments up to twice a semester for students in times of need through it’s “Got Meals?” program. To access either program, visit the Student Care and Well-Being’s website and click the “Food Assistance Request” button.